0 / 80 ¹ÙÀÌÆ®
°í°´¸í
ȸ½Å¹øÈ£
Ä¿¹Â´ÏƼ | ¾îÇп¬¼ö Q&A|±³È¯ÇлýÄ¿¹Â´ÏƼ|±³È¯ÇлýQ&A|Çкθð|°¡µð¾ð±¸ÇØ¿ä|¼³¸íȸ Âü°¡Çß¾î¿ä|¾îÇпøüÇè´ã|º¸Çè&Ç×°ø±Ç|ÇöÁö»ýÈ°Á¤º¸|±ÝÁÖÀÇ ¿µ¾î&´º½º

ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 08-05-14 14:18
Hea Jin reflects on her first impressions and culture shock here in the US
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ÇÑÇýÁø-±³¡¦
Á¶È¸ : 6,295  
Hea Jin reflects on her first impressions and culture shock here in the _?xml_:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />US

Hi! I¡¯m Hea Jin from Seoul, South Korea. Everyone calls me ¡®HJ¡¯. I decided to go America as an international student in March, 2007 to improve my English skills and experience different culture. I was very excited to come here. Time passed very fast. Finally, September 15, the day when I had to leave, I was too nervous, little bit scared and very sad to go, on the other hand, I was so curious and excited, too. About 20 hours after I got on the plane, I arrived in  Montana and met my host family who are very nice.

I went to school the day after I arrived here. School systems here are very different than in Korea. In Korea, first, we don
¡¯t use lockers. I hate lockers. I think they are very annoying. Second, we don¡¯t have to move to different classrooms. We only move our classroom for English and Mathematics. For the other subjects, each teacher for the subject comes to our class room and teaches. During the first 3 days, I got lost a lot of times here, because we need to find classroom for each period in here.  

In Korea, we spend a way more time at studying compared to here. I usually got less than six or five-hour sleep per a day when I was in junior high because of studying. We go to school about as same as here, we should study ourselves about 50 minutes fist, and school starts. Schools usually end around four or five in the afternoon, and we need to study ourselves at school until 9pm or 10pm. It usually depends on which school you go to. Some schools don
¡¯t make you study after school if you don¡¯t want to. If you don¡¯
t apply to study after school, we usually go private academies and you usually study there until midnight or one in the morning. It depends. School is very tough, but fun.

In school, we should wear school uniforms. We can
¡¯t dye or perm our hair, wear make-up and wear jewelries neither. If we do, we get detention points. Someone might think that it¡¯s very stupid, because we can express our own styles. But I, who experienced both systems, prefer wearing school uniform far better, because it¡¯
s very easy to get ready for school in the morning, and we get more responsibilities as students. We can reveal our fashion senses as much as you want after school and weekends.

First time, it was hard for me to speak, understand and study in foreign language. Slang was the hardest part when I have conversations with others. I always needed to ask help for my assignments to teachers, host family and friends. During my first school week, I always had to ask teachers if we have tests or assignments after every single period. Now, I hardly have questions for class compared to first time. Literature is the hardest subject for me to study,

Jet lag and altitude were very hard for me to adapt too. We have about 16 hours gap from here and Korea. I slept a lot. I fell a sleep during class couple of times. It took me about two weeks to adapt to them. During two weeks it was such a disaster. I was always so sleepy and tired, and I had a slight headache because of the altitude. I think it took me about 3 months to totally adapt all surroundings, foods, new people, new home, school life and everything.

It was pretty tough for me first time, but I
¡¯m doing very well now. I love my peaceful life in here. Butte is very small city compare to Seoul, my hometown. So, I was somewhat disappointed first time. However, Butte grows on me very quickly. Now, I¡¯m very glad I came here. I don¡¯t regret at all. I¡¯m having fun by experiencing new cultures and visiting many places. I really like my host family and school. I¡¯ll miss here very much when I go back to Korea in May.
_?xml_:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

ÇÑÇýÁø - ±³È¯ 16±â

Total 589
¹øÈ£ Á¦   ¸ñ ±Û¾´ÀÌ ³¯Â¥ Á¶È¸
°øÁö Á¶±â/±³È¯Çлý ¿Â¶óÀÎ °³º°»ó´ã À¯ÇÐ³Ý 02-29 255
°øÁö ¹Ì±¹ °ø/»ç¸³±³È¯Çлý ÇÑ´Þ ¹«·á ¿µ¾îȸȭ¼ö°­±Ç ÁõÁ¤! À¯ÇÐ³Ý 12-27 6909
°øÁö Á¦40±â ¹Ì±¹°ø¸³±³È¯Çлý ¾È*ºóÇлý 50¸¸¿ø ÀåÇÐ±Ý ¼ö¿© À¯ÇÐ³Ý 11-18 2517
°øÁö MSHA Minority Student Leadership Program 2016 /ÀÌÇØÁö ÇлýÀÇ¡¦ À¯ÇÐ³Ý 07-27 7108
°øÁö [Á¤º¸]¹Ì±¹ Çо÷¼ºÀû äÁ¡ ±âÁØ... À¯ÇÐ³Ý 03-26 16902
°øÁö ¡°Ú¸±¹¹«ºÎ Àå°üÀÎ Èú·¯¸® Ŭ¸°ÅÏÀÇ ¹Ì±¹±³È¯Çлý È«º¸¡± µ¿¿µ»ó À¯ÇÐ³Ý 08-19 27227
64 ¾Æ ÁÁ¾Æ ¿©±â Á¤¸»ÁÁ¾Æ (6) È°¹éÁö»ç 08-02 5691
63 ¹Ì±¹ Àß ÀûÀÀÁß~ (2) À¸´Ï»× 08-02 5082
62 18±â ¹Ì±¹°ø¸³±³È¯Çлý CCI »çÀüÀûÀÀÇÁ·Î±×·¥ Âü°¡Áߢ½ (1) ±èÇöÁø 07-23 5546
61    18±â ¹Ì±¹°ø¸³±³È¯Çлý CCI »çÀüÀûÀÀÇÁ·Î±×·¥ Âü°¡Áߢ½ ±èÇöÁø 07-23 5230
60 [¼Ò½Ä]À¯ÇÐ³Ý ±³È¯ÇлýµéÀÇ 08³â8¿ùÇбâ Ú¸¸í¹®´ë ÇÕ°Ý ÃàÇÏ! À¯ÇÐ³Ý 05-17 11143
59 ³ëÆĶó Çб³·ÎºÎÅÍ ¿Â Ãßõ¼­ ³ëÆĶó-±³¡¦ 05-17 6603
58 Hye Lim Park makes the grade! ¹ÚÇý¸² - ¡¦ 05-14 6261
57 Hea Jin reflects on her first impressions and culture shock ¡¦ ÇÑÇýÁø-±³¡¦ 05-14 6296
56 °æÂûºÎÅÍ Ç︮ÄßÅͱîÁö Çб³Ã⵿;¤§¤§¤§ HyunMyeong 04-09 6962
55 "Letter Jacket" ¿¡ ´ëÇؼ­ ¾Ë¾Æº¸ÀÚ ! À¯Áø¾Æ 04-05 8525
54 During Spring Break :] (1) gusaud 04-04 7825
53 ±³È¯ ½½·¾½ÃÇè ¹× °³º°»ó´ã - ¼±°Å°øÈÞÀÏ À¯ÇÐ³Ý 04-04 6017
52 uil district Åػ罺¿¡¼­¡¦ 04-01 5636
51 ¹ß·»Å¸Àε¥ÀÌ ±³È¯Çлý -¡¦ 03-28 5331
50 ¼ö¿µÆÀ !!! À¯Áø¾Æ 03-27 5082
   31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  
Á¶±â/±³È¯Çлý ¿Â¶óÀΡ¦
°íµîÇб³ ³»½ÅÀ¸·Î ¼¼¡¦
¹Ì±¹/¿µ±¹ ´ëÇпø ¼®,¡¦
ij³ª´Ù À¯ÇÐ ÈÄ À̹Π¡¦